Tuesday, January 15, 2013

In Dating News

Good Morning My Dears,

I am having a really hard time with this whole dating thing. I think it can be summed up best by Liz Gilbert,
“I have a history of making decisions very quickly about men. I have always fallen in love fast and without measuring risks. I have a tendency not only to see the best in everyone, but to assume that everyone is emotionally capable of reaching his highest potential. I have fallen in love more times than I care to count with the highest potential of a man, rather than with the man himself, and I have hung on to the relationship for a long time (sometimes far too long) waiting for the man to ascend to his own greatness. Many times in romance I have been a victim of my own optimism.”Eat, Pray, Love
God does that describe how I feel sometimes. What I'm currently having a battle within myself about is this one boy. We had a fantastic first date, then I didn't really hear from him other than a few disconnected text messages. So I figured that he hadn't had as good a time as I had, so I started looking around again. Then, all of the sudden he asked me on a second date, which I enjoyed. I just don't know what I'm feeling about the whole situation. I've never had this issue where I constantly felt like I was walking on eggshells trying to figure out how someone felt about me. I've also never had so much self confidence before. I've definitely dated guys who were nice, but not on my level in a number of ways. But my pitfall is that I want to take care of everyone, I want to help make people better, which drains me in the process. I already feel exhausted, and the process is just beginning. That isn't right. I also am sick of feeling as though he isn't interested in me. If he is, he needs to up his game. Because this is ridiculous. As all of these things swirl around my head, I remembered this quote:
 So there it is, me giving myself permission to relax and let it arrive, and if it doesn't, to just keep swimming. :)

Hope all of you have a less crazy day!! Any advice would be more than welcome.

~E

No comments:

Post a Comment