Monday, January 14, 2013

Great Expectations

Happy Monday!

So this weekend was a crazy whirlwind, but was absolutely the refreshing weekend I needed in such unexpected ways. I think part of that is thanks to having Friday off, but never the less I had such a great time hanging with friends, watching some fantastic play-off football (I went 4 for 4 as far as my predictions, thank you all very much!). But it wasn't just the amazing food or the stories (Oh the stories!!), or the laughing so hard I couldn't properly breathe while driving down the highway; what took my by surprise was how much I could accomplish and enjoy myself when I checked my expectations at the door.


Source: indulgy.com via Donna on Pinterest

I've been really getting to know myself these past few weeks, which has been such a wonderful experience, and I definitely never expected that. I've never realized just how much pressure I put on myself or on others, until now. And I am finally realizing how much I was losing from my life because people were not "performing" the way I demanded it. I don't want to sit and think about all of my life I've missed because it "didn't quite fit" into my idea of life. But instead I'm going to continue to move forward and enjoy each moment, live each moment because I enjoy it, not because there is pressure on me to perfect the moment.

~E

No comments:

Post a Comment