Tuesday, January 22, 2013

2012 Books

Okay, so part of my goal for the end of the year is to read 20 books before 2013. So This is my running tally of the books I read. Hopefully, seeing how much the list keeps growing will help motivate me to really get through some of the books on my book shelf!!
Wish me Luck!
  1. Such a Pretty Fat-Jen Lancaster
  2. Gone Girl-Gillian Flynn
  3. My Sister's Keeper-Jodi Picoult
  4. Speak-Laurie Halse Anderson
  5. Madame Bovary-Gustave Flaubert
  6. Pretty in Plaid-Jen Lancaster
  7. The Thirteenth Tale-Diane Setterfield
  8. My Fair Lazy-Jen Lancaster
  9. Wicked Appetite-Janet Evanovich
  10. Wicked Business-Janet Evanovich (Yay half-way!)
  11. Candide-Volatire
  12. Candy Girl: A year in the life of an unlikely stripper-Diablo Cody
  13. Sharp Objects-Gillian Flynn
  14. Dark Places-Gillian Flynn
  15. The Happiness Project-Gretchen Rubin
  16. If You Were Here-Jen Lancaster
  17. Is Everyone Hanging Out Without Me? (And Other Concerns)-Mindy Kaling
  18. From Notting Hill With Love...Actually-Ali Mcnamara
  19. The King Maker's Daughter-Philippa Gregory
So above is my list of the 19 books that I read at the end of 2012. And I wanted to give an update on how I did. I am giving myself an A. And to answer your question, yes I read a 20th book and it was The Guardian-Nicholas Sparks. I finished it on January 1st 2013, therefore I technically didn't hit my goal, and I have already read The Guardian because it is my FAVORITE Nicholas Sparks book. But towards the end of 2012 I was getting really burnt out with reading, which is saying something. So I read it at my own pace, and while I'm proud I did make it through the book, it was not easy, even for such a fantastic novel.

So my new book goal for 2013 is to read what I love, just keep picking things that move me, even if I have to order it from Amazon.com as opposed to the nice collection of books I already have that boarders on book hoarding... Haha. So now the official 101 book count down begins!! I am going to try to make an effort to get more involved with Goodreads, so look out for me there. And any suggestions are more than welcome!!

~Elizabeth

No comments:

Post a Comment