Friday, October 5, 2012

What I'm Working On...

So the past few days I've been really thinking about what I want for this blog, what I want to accomplish in my life, what I want to be able to share on here. All that fun stuff. This past month (ish) has been great. (I know, I don't sound all that convincing, but just ask my coworkers and friends, apparently me and break-ups work out just fine :-p ). So I've been playing around with a "101 Things To Do in 1001 Days Challenge" courtesy of Lacey. (Love that blog, btw, highly recommend it, and not only because Charley is such a cutie!) So as I was exploring other "101 in 1001" projects I started to realize something, I had accomplished a lot of things over the past year, hell even in the past few months. I have been slowly working on myself, working on who I am, even without putting a ton of thought into it. It reminded me of Holly's post about just showing up. (And for the record, I think that is my favorite post by Holly, so I hope you can get out of it what I get out of it)  And I'll be totally, honest, I haven't even been trying hard. (I know, for shame.)
Which leads me to a whole TON of things and ideas and crazy stuff. First, I am freaking excited for the first time in my life to not be "with someone" or pining for someone. I'm cool just enjoying being Elizabeth and being in my twenties. :-D which brings me to this whole doing things for me thing. I really want to start changing my life, start living deliberately. So I already made and published my 101 list here. The challenge is ON!! And I am thrilled. I want to approach this project much like Gretchen Rubin did with her "Happiness Project", really work on making myself happy and figuring what works for me. I want to improve my life, even if that requires work (that dirty, dirty four-letter word)
So I am going to be around here a LOT more often (especially once I get my butt in gear and do #15 (get myself a new computer!!) which is slightly cheating because I've been looking into doing that for a while. But hey, I need to baby step it sometimes :). The other part of being here more is that I'm going to actually start sharing things with my friends and family, let them know that this place actually exists...  Again, baby steps here. So since it is a few minutes shy of midnight, therefore officially beginning my 1001 day count-down, I should probably go to bed. Got a big day tomorrow! Maybe I'll even cross something off of my list!! :-D Good night world!

<3 Elizabeth

No comments:

Post a Comment