Wednesday, July 30, 2014

Just A Simple Kind of Life

As  my first full year in Virginia comes to a close, I've begun to do a lot of thinking about how I've been living my life, and what I've learned about myself. Each day I'm learning more and more about me, even when I don't really want to face it. But today was an interesting day of learning. I realized that I love a lot of things in my life, because they are just mine. When I started reading blogs and writing over here, I thought it was because I just needed to live my life out loud. And as you may have noticed from what changes around here, I enjoy playing with how my site looks but I very seldom write here.

It's like reading, I love reading, I love my library, but I don't want to write books, nor do I want to make teaching English my profession. These things I love are just mine. And by keeping my reading in the realm of enjoyment, I am able to light myself up and face other parts of life. I love being on Blogger because I have been keeping track of my book list here for the better part of the past 2 years. I want to continue that, and who knows, maybe I'll be back here writing about the books I love. But for now, I'm not going to promise anything. With looming writing deadlines for school and my general belief that I shouldn't have to stare at a screen at night after staring at one all day, if I don't want to, I just don't think that this place will be getting much traffic from myself.

If you've been here and enjoyed, well then I'm glad. I just don't want to continue another day being someone I'm not, and letting the whole internet into my most internal thoughts seems to be pretty counterintuitive to that ideal.

With much Love,

Elizabeth

2 comments:

  1. Totally understand! If you get to a place where it feels more relaxing to write than a chore, then please stop back by and update us on your life. If not, best wishes! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much! I have to admit that I've been following your blog for a couple years now, so to see you comment here is a little crazy. haha :)

      Delete