Friday, March 7, 2014

Coffee Date!

Happy Friday Friends! Lets have some coffee!


Above is the picture of my beautiful Caramel Macchiato, the wonderful people in the Starbucks store downstairs in my building at work know my name and my order, though as you can tell, they are busy people, and my name is long ha! But I'm so excited about getting to enjoy a nice low-key day at work while partaking in this delicious coffee.

So if we were having coffee, I'd be announcing how excited I am that I'm officially on Spring Break as of the completion of my class last night! So excited! I'm not going anywhere, and I didn't even take work off, but the prospect of working 8-4 for the next week and not being a giant stress ball is just exhilarating! (Oh what an adult life I lead haha!) I'm also proud to announce that I've done all 3 of the presentation/class discussions that I have to do for the semester, and I got my first grade back A for this chicky!!! And that was definitely the presentation I was the most nervous about. I was all smiles last night when I got that grade back, for the entire 2+ hours I was in class, and the professor sat across from me, so I'm sure she appreciated the look on my face.

I've also be doing a lot of thinking and working on what I want to be working towards in my life. I'm aiming to complete my Master's Degree in December, so that would be so SWEET and I've secured my (temporary) job until at least August 29th. So I don't have to worry about rent or anything, which is tremendous! On the work/school front things are fantastic, though the long days/ day-to-day drama/crap I could definitely do without, but not the pay! Ifyouknowwhatimean. So I've been doing more, "what do you want your life to look like" and "what are you dreaming about and not doing" kind of thinking. A lot of that has been centered around my living out loud. I've become so quiet, well not quiet, but far more reserved since I moved to the DC area. I remember this happening when I went to college and when I started my first Big-Girl-Job back in Boston. I become more introverted, in so far as I'm afraid that people won't like me for who I actually am if I open my mouth and let me truth out. And I'm getting really tired of feeling that way. Kathleen's post about living small, was really what sparked this whole train of thought for me, it's a great read (as she is a great lady/ blogger/ new Momma). So this train has been sparking more thoughts about what I want for this blog, my relationships, and what I want for my body. I've had a bit of weight gain, which we've talked about before. But it's not even about that, it's about wanting and needing (desperately) to take better care of myself. It's about wanting and needing to better cultivate and nurture friendships. And it's about being open and honest with the world about who I am, and not constantly feeling shame for it. Because that's were I've been lately, just hanging in a lot of shame. Oh Brene Brown, how glad I am that I've read your books and watched your Ted talks on shame long before hitting this part of my life. So that's where I am, letting myself grow out of the shame, letting myself be vulnerable and uncomfortable, but embracing it instead of jamming it into my overstuffed closet.

Today's coffee date is pretty heavy stuff. But I'm really excited that I'm starting to make headway out of my pity-party days and into more exciting growth and development.

Okay, so now it's your turn. What's on your mind? Lay it on me.

No comments:

Post a Comment