Wednesday, March 12, 2014

101: #3 Get a Manicure

So here it is, my attempt at tackling my 101 list with updates and stories! First up, #3 Get a Manicure.

I completed this on May 18th 2013, and I even got a Pedicure as a fun addition.
Photo Proof:

So May 18th was the day that I there my parents a Surprise 25th Wedding Anniversary Party (while living under their roof, thankyouverymuch). As a gift to herself, my mom decided to get a new engagement ring, and as I knew that the party was going to happen and that almost no one in my family had seen the ring, she needed to get her nails done, without really knowing the ulterior motive. So I convinced her that she and I should do mani-pedis, which she agreed to do since she was "going out with friends" that night.

We went to a local nail salon, without making a reservation. So we got to do a lot of hanging out together while I panically text family members and Sean about my running oh so very late. I even ran into a friend of mine from when I was younger, who I'm Facebook friends with, so I had to warn her not to mention anything about my big plans for the evening, because the perk of my parents not having Facebook is my ability to post whatever I wanted about my plans for them. So eventually my mom and I were able to get ourselves done and dried, then off we went back home. Where I stuffed my face really quickly before forcing my brother to clean a bit around the house before we took off to do pre-party prep (say that 3x's fast).

The mani-pedis were a great success, as was the party. As you can tell, I definitely surprised them.
(Photo Courtesy of my awesome cousin Theresa)

And don't worry, someday I'll tell you the whole story about this party because that is #96 on my list! So I'm curious, have you ever been able to pull off a surprise party? Or had one ruined early on in the process? Or have you ever had a surprise party thrown in your honor?

~E

1 comment:

  1. You are doing great at your 101 list! I was a 101 failure, so glad to see someone else actually do well at it!

    ReplyDelete