Thursday, November 14, 2013

My Excess Thoughts on Happiness

As the end of the semester is drawing near, I am figuring out how much stuff I still need to do, but I am also increasingly happy about it all. I feel like I've finally hit my stride, in November of the Fall semester. No one ever accused me of being an early bloomer, trust me. Today I thought was going to be a disaster as far as my workload because I was only able to get through so much yesterday, but luckily I've been incredibly motivated and productive today, WIN! So with that in mind, I just wanted to take a moment to appreciate that. To revel in it a bit.

I'm officially on day 2 of #99, which has been nice, but I've been noticing more and more how I create status updates in my head during the very mundane parts of my day. It's quite comical. So instead of running back to Facebook, here I am, telling you how wonderful my day is, without feeling the guilt of shoving my happy disposition down your throat on a public forum. Here, this is my domain and I get to share my emotions completely guilt-free thank you :)

And on that note, I've become increasingly aware of when I say "I'm sorry", and for those of you who know be outside of the internet, you know that I say this quite a lot. (like way too much, a lot.) But as of late I've started really trying to filter myself, and in some cases I've even blurted out, "Wait, I'm not really sorry, that doesn't make any sense!", which seems borderline crazy, but it's actually really nice to realize that I don't have to be sorry for things that I have no direct impact or cause to be sorry about.

And on that note, thanks for dropping by and reading my overflowing thoughts today. And with that, here is a quote that I am trying to really live each day, because it is so true, and because I've kind of come to forget about it this year:

“One of the secrets of a happy life is continuous small treats."
- Iris Murdoch 

(Courtesy of the daily Moment of Happiness from Gretchen Rubin's The Happiness Project)

No comments:

Post a Comment