Sunday, September 15, 2013

Self-Help and Pinterest

Happy Football day!!! (AKA, Sunday) I've gotten to enjoy a wonderful ugly-as-hell Patriots victory over the NY Jets thursday, then today I went with a couple of girls I work at GWU with to the Phillies v. Nats game this afternoon (Nats kicked butt), and now I'm watching the Manning Bowl. It's been a tremendous weekend, aside from the impending homework that I've obviously been avoiding.

What I haven't been avoiding is how much I love inspirational / self-help-y things. Which is how Pinterest plays into this. I have this board named Strength on Pinterest and it all started because I needed some help, I needed some inspiration and some self-love.I felt that I just needed a lot of interior strength. So that's where I started, just repinning stuff that I loved reading. (Even with it's silly fonts and backgrounds.) So go ahead, mock the hell out of me, I don't care. I love it. And it's not that I've been denying it, just that I wasn't sure how I really felt about it, it's taken be a while to really own how intrigued by it all that I am. I could sit for hours reading all kinds of articles on positivelypositive.com, I have far too many self-help books, and I found different podcasts and blogs that I just can't imagine not having in my life.

Today, I began to think about how I wanted to incorporate these things into my blog and more predominantly into my life. So around here I want to share more of what I'm pinning and what I'm finding that is inspirational, whether it's about exercise, eating, life, love, or anything! I just want to share more of what I find lovely. I have always had this attractions to words, not necessarily in an academic way (hello procrastinating my homework), but just by seeing words on a screen, page, or wall. That's why I love to write so much, just to see words being created, not necessarily creating a huge paper for a class. I've been having a really hard time adjusting to school, so this change of my blog is partially because of that, because I need some help getting through my schoolwork. So, welcome to my new space :)

~E


9f91e51bfb94d319036dc542300a0482.jpg

No comments:

Post a Comment