Saturday, October 20, 2012

Pumpkin Carving Extravaganza!

So if you have been checking in around here, I've been crossing quite a few things off of my 101 in 1,001 challenge, but have also been completely ignoring the whole posting thing. Some one's kind of a slacker... :) So this week I'll be posting the things that I've already crossed off, and if I can figure out I'll try to have a new post each day. 

So last Sunday while watching the Patriots get their butt kicked by Seattle... 

Anyways! So I went to a local farm and grabbed a beautiful pumpkin:
My puppy Bridget completely approves (puppy is definitely a loose term around here because she is almost 7 years old). 

Then I went through and did some serious damage to this pumpkin! I am so proud. Especially because just after I started spooning out the "gunk" and seeds in the pumpkin, I commented that I didn't remember it being this hard to do when I was younger. My dad quickly reminded me that I pretty much watched him hollow it out and was handed a clean pumpkin. And that this was the first time I've ever really hollowed out a pumpkin. So let's show you the fun/gross process:

And then I added the stencil, because let's be real, I don't free-hand this kind of stuff. 

Then 2 hours, a couple of screw-ups, and 1 broken carving tool later:


I was one happy camper!!

So there is my pumpkin masterpiece. The cute haunted house with a graveyard. Though cute is probably not exactly the adjective to use, I like it. Right now the pumpkin is hanging out in my front room because it's a little warm right now and because normally the little animals hanging around the neighborhood like to partake in the pumpkins. So it will guard my mudroom until it's time to take it outside and light-her-up! 

1 down, a long, long list to go. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment