Tuesday, May 22, 2012

The Wonderful World of What If's

Good Morning! (or afternoon...)

I haven't been here in a while and for that I apologize. I can give you a million excuses, God knows I've been storing and using those for years. But the reason that I haven't been writing is because I haven't known what to say, what to write, or what I really wanted this blog to be about. I have been doing research and so many other bloggers have a theme, like marriage, or raising children. I just like to complain about the injustices in my life. Which aren't that many, nor are they truly blog-worthy. So this morning I came up with an idea. It is this absolutely insane idea.

What if I worked for what I wanted? What if I allowed myself the right to work harder and lose weight? What if I finally started writing a book (and working on my blog)? What if I finally inspire others the way I watch others inspire me? What if I stopped asking what if and made it happen?

So there it is. This blog is me, learning how to live a fulfilling life in any form that I choose. I'm still fighting with my depression, (thanks to a WONDERFUL therapist I don't have to fight quite so hard) and I'm still just Elizabeth. But I am going to document my day-to-day dealings with leading a happy, healthy, fulfilling life.

Today I finally signed-up (and paid [gasp!]) for a Weight Watchers membership. I have done weight watchers (back when their entire booklet was thinner than a deckof cards mind you) and I had great success with it, but just never really followed through. I tried to do this in January (like ever other knuckle head with a scale) but gave up after a few weeks because I'm a) impatient and the pounds weren't running away from my midsection fast enough and b) I wasn't mixing up my eating. I was eating the depriving myself of the same things everyday. This combination of things eventually lead to eating the better portion of a 1lb bag of Cadbury Mini Eggs (those things are like my crack! If they were available year round I would easily be 500lbs). But in April I started using Pinterest (which is my work-crack). I started finding inspirational quotes and exercises along with all kinds of fun cake decorations. My goal was to do 50 workouts before I step foot on a cruise in July. And I am incredibly proud to announce that as of today I am 25 workouts down in under 6 weeks. :) The unfortunate news that comes along with that is that my weight has been fluctuating in the same 8 lb range. I haven't done any major changes to my diet, therefore because I am suddenly doing so much physical activity, I am allowing myself anything covered in chocolate or cheese I can find. But today, spending actual money on my diet means I am actually making progress. If I can drop over $50 at Barnes & Nobel then another $40 on Amazon.com on books in the course of 4 days. I can DEFINITELY afford to spend $5/week on eating and living healthier.

So there it is, step one: admitting my problem, identifying what I'm doing right, then focusing on fixing all of the other crap.

Happy Tuesday everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment