Monday, May 23, 2011

So working all the fantastic hours I do at my wonderful tiny fast-food restaurant-let in a local mall has allowed me to meet some very interesting people. While I appreciate the boys who work hard to keep my grill area clean and stocked, there are a couple of girls whom I admire. One is about to graduate from high school and is all ready to go to a big university in the Fall.  And the other just finished her first year of college. I see them and I am openly jealous. They are at the beginning of the their journey. They also have the plan all set before them. I know it sounds so closed minded of me to think that in my early twenties I am at the end of my rope. I just see these bright young women who see our current employment as a paycheck, not a career. And seeing them see this job that way is helping me to get my butt in gear and find a way to get out of there. I want to actually use my degree. I want to get out of my parents house. And I can do it. I just need to stop being lazy and do things. Start getting my life going, not acting like this path I'm on is my path. ...Now to go get my clothes ready for my fantastic job... Shoot me :P

No comments:

Post a Comment